Leonard Faram feels as though he “murdered” his wife, Annette, who died from mesothelioma in 2015 after inhaling asbestos dust he brought home while working for 10 years unloading asbestos fibers at the dock of an asbestos factory in England, in the 1960s.
While the factory workers were provided protective clothing and masks, the dock workers were not, despite Faram’s repeated requests.
“Even back then people knew asbestos dust was a killer,” he told the Mirror. “Our employers said it wouldn’t hurt us because we were working in the open air.”
Faram knew he was putting himself in danger, but never suspected his exposure to the deadly materials could put his wife and family in danger.
Annette Faram is one of 8,054 women who have died from mesothelioma in Britain between 1981 and 2015, in addition to over 45,527 men. After losing his wife of over 50 years, Leonard Faram now fears for the health of his children.
“Every day I live in fear that they might get it too,” he said. “Once you’ve been exposed to asbestos this disease can rear its head at any time. It’s like a ticking time bomb.”
FULL STORY: http://bit.ly/2qSM6mX