Millions of commuters rely on the country’s public transportation services every day to get to and from work, and to destinations across the United States. Most of the time, public transportation companies use the required “highest degree of care” when performing their services, but accidents involving common carriers happen every day, and people get hurt or killed. Anyone injured in a common carrier accident involving a bus, train, boat, or plane should consult with an experienced public transportation accident lawyer as soon after the incident as possible, as they may have a limited amount of time to file a claim.
Most companies involved in the public transportation industry are big corporate entities with a lot of money and substantial legal teams. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident involving a bus, train or plane, you owe it to yourself and your family to seek restitution and compensation from the responsible and liable parties. Being injured or losing a loved one in a collision involving a public transportation vehicle presents stresses that can seem overwhelming.
An attorney experienced in personal injury cases can help ease this burden by working through the complicated process with and for you. Professional legal representation is the best way to make sure fair compensation for injuries or wrongful death is received by all deserving parties.
Call Cooney & Conway toll free at 800-322-5573 to speak with a knowledgeable associate who can evaluate your case and explain your options going forward. You can also fill out the Case Evaluation contact form located on this page and we will promptly respond to your inquiry.
Qualified Public Transportation Accident Lawyer
Public transportation comes in many forms. Common carriers aim to deliver people safely and quickly to their destinations for work or pleasure. The most frequently used modes of public transportation used every day throughout the U.S. include:
Unfortunately, human error, negligence, and reckless acts often cause accidents in which innocent people get hurt. Many of these common carrier vehicles are large and heavy machines often traveling at accelerated rates or in congested urban areas, and when a collision occurs, serious injuries and death are often the result.
Common Carrier Accident Causes Vary
The causes of accidents vary widely, and the responsibility can fall on multiple entities or people. The driver or other human operator is often liable, but there are also factors that can contribute to collisions beyond their control.
- Alcohol or Drug Use: Operating a vehicle or equipment under the influence of alcohol or drugs causes countless injuries and deaths.
- Faulty Repairs: The improper repair of crucial components and systems can have catastrophic effects when a vehicle is on the road and traveling at high speeds.
- Mechanical Failures: Even the most well-tuned and maintained vehicle can experience failures in the machinations of a complex engine and its components.
- Operator Error: Among the most common causes of accidents, a driver or engineer can exercise poor judgement or make an on-the-spot wrong decision which leads to devastating consequences for the passengers on board and anyone near the vehicle.
- Proper Procedures Not Followed: The most important element of the regulations guiding operators of common carrier vehicles is that everyone must follow the same rules. Deviation from the procedures often results in collisions and other accidents that injure or kill people.
- Sleep Deprivation: Operating a common carrier without the proper amount of sleep is dangerous. Falling asleep at the wheel is a sure way to wind up in an accident.
- Speeding: Traveling at speeds above the legal limits not only puts everyone around that vehicle in imminent danger, but also increases the chances of serious injury or death in the event of a crash.
Contact Experienced Public Transportation Accident Lawyer
If you have been hurt or a loved one has been injured or killed in an accident involving a common carrier, you need the experience, knowledge, and compassion of the impressive team of personal injury attorneys at Cooney & Conway.
Call toll free 800-322-5573 to have your case evaluated by an experienced legal professional. Or simply fill out the Case Evaluation contact information form located on this page and a knowledgeable representative will respond shortly.